Friday, August 27, 2010

getting back to running routine

missed the weekly 9.2km runs with Choon Hung yesterday and wednesday last week trying to rid the flu from my system. manage to run this morning same distance on treadmill at the gym because of the rain. don't do gym much these days prefering outdoor runs but today just as I was getting out of the house rain started so no choice.

speed was 9.6kmh on my garmin pedometer & 9.5kmh on treadmill but i have given up on speed measures on gym treadmill as can never quite replicate outdoors..when much younger always thought i ran better outdoors probably because tend to pace with other runners but these days don't seem to be true.

checked my garmin record last run was 11.8.2010 so 16 days ago so another long break (last time was when I reward myself with trip to Seoul week after my 31.5.2010 Adidas Sundown 21km 1/2marathon). now 2 hrs after run, no muscle sore so my running posture should be ok and compression tights are working...

my calendar entry said my throat infection started 12.8.2010, so full 2 weeks which guess is my usual recovery time. this time though manage to go for lunches, dinners, meetings and do a bit of work (i think a bit better than previously) on a 70% (couple days) t0 90% capacity (most days)....really hate it health so important just small little flu and already find it most irritating though this time a bit less disruptive..what more if major illness..

anyway age catching on need to listen to body..lets see how it goes but would want to go for another 10km run tomorrow if feeling good...

No comments: